NRSWA Street Works – Unit 2 Signing, Lighting & Guarding – Supervisor
Go to our courses calendar page to see dates for the open courses and to book. We run single unit SLG courses or you can book just the 2nd day of any Full Street Works Course listed (i.e. the Tuesday that week’s course).
Who Should Attend?
This Signing, Lighting and Guarding course is designed for Supervisors who have to monitor the erection of signing, lighting and guarding for work on the roadways and highways.
To provide Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to perform their duties when signing, lighting and guarding to the standards prescribed by then SQA and in-line with the NRSW Act, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
Training Course Content
- New Roads and Street Works Act.
- Basic principles of signing, lighting and guarding.
- Traffic control measures.
- Practical use of the Code of Practice.
- Portable traffic lights.
- Practical use of equipment.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of the NRSW Act and standards prescribed by the SQA.
- Monitor the identification of and use of the correct traffic control measures.
- Monitor the erection and dismantlng of signing, guarding and lighting safely and in accordance with the supporting Code of Practice.
- Monitor the correct use of the equipment used.
A high proportion of discussion and simulated assessments supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials and progress tests. Please note, Supervisors will be assessed by way of written assignments and observation exercises.
A training group may contain only Operatives however, a minimum of 2 Operatives must be available for Supervisors to carry out observation exercises for monitoring signing, lighting and guarding activities, thus enabling the most effective development of these candidates.